Saturday, October 10, 2009

October

I can't believe I've been so busy that two months have gone by since I wrote last. I'm learning so many things about my new website and working (so far) full time and of course spending time with my family.
I attended the Women's Herbal Conference in August and had the opportunity to learn so much about Lyme disease, with which many of my family and friends and acquaintances have been afflicted.  There is a way to curb it if not cure it with herbs. An herbalist named Wendy Snow Fogg is extremely  knowlegeable about it and we are beginning treatment in my family. There is a tincture and a tea that Wendy has put together that really tastes good as well as being medicinal.
I took a class with Nancy Phillips and learned to make a salve, throat lozenges and powdered capsules; it was amazing and a real eye opener. I've always gone to alternative medicine in the past and now have learned many more ways to successfully make non-chemical relief for things like colds, sore throats, burns, cuts, lyme disease, etc. It's a really good feeling to know that the cure isn't worse than the affliction.
My daughter and I just took part in a health and wellness fair in our town and even though it rained all day, we had a great time speaking with people about our line of nutrition and green cleaning products . The grandkids joined us and we had a wet but fun family and community day.

No comments:

Post a Comment