Monday, July 13, 2009

Cheryl the carpenter


I was so happy when I got my new computer last week but then realized I really had no place to put it. So I took an old wooden closet I've had forever and built some shelves in it. At last I have a place to put my program disks and my computer together where they won't get lost. I had bought extra wood figuring I'd make mistakes (I did!) but had enough left over for some shelves in my closet where there was lots of wasted space. THEN I had to clean out the closet (go figure), so, did I get to use my new computer? Very briefly. One thing I know for sure is that when they say measure twice and cut once, they mean it. My workshop is in the basement and the computer closet is on the second floor so I got enough exercise to skip the gym this weekend. This morning I woke up with a pain in my neck (I know, I know) and couldn't go to work where I'd never have to work as hard as I did this weekend.
I've recently signed up for two classes to help me to learn to use my digital camera that I've owned for almost two years and they both canceled. Then I found a tutorial on the Nikon website that in 5 minutes taught me several things I never knew how to do; it's amazing what you can learn online. I learned a few weeks ago how to make a tincture with the herbs that grow like weeds in my back yard and are so much better for you than the medicines in the drug store. You can get relief from rashes, bites, fevers, stress and sooooo much more without exposing yourself or your family to toxic chemicals that the big drug companies charge you an arm and a leg for (unless you live in Canada that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment